Join the Fuse Team as a
Junior Software Engineer
In this role you will be an integral part of Fuse Engineering and Development teams building innovative software solutions for DoD and commercial customers. Our focus is on network communications and tactical data links and this position provides an opportunity to both contribute to understand the project development cycle from start to finish. Ideal candidates will have basic experience with Linux development environment, hands-on experience with python scripting, C/C++, and the attitude of an inquisitive self-starter.
Fuse is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our energetic and expanding team. Ideal candidates will have hands-on experience developing and implementing technical projects from software/web applications to enterprise-level solutions and an inquisitive nature to go with it. Supported development efforts can include database design, web back-end development, access control management, embedded software development, system administration (Linux and Windows), networking and systems engineering. Experience in agile, professional SW development environments utilizing revision control, test driven development, and continuous integration is desired. We expect this software engineer to bring big ideas and energy to the team. Must be a nimble self-starter who is excited about technology and web applications and has the ability to think out of the box and suggest powerful novel ideas. Please elaborate on your level of experience with the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field (Computer, Software, Math, Physics, Electrical)
- 2-3 years software development experience
- Knowledge of open source technologies and protocols
- Experience with C, C++, Linux and postgresSQL
- Ability to acquire and maintain US security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with web-based system development such as : CSS, Node.js, RHEL (v6), HTML, PHP
- Hybrid mobile applications, Apache (v2), JSON, ArcGIS API, WebRTC integration, and NGINX (federate/distributed) server deployment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software and the artifacts associated with software development
- Implement high level designs in robust, maintainable software
- Create modules, install software on target nodes, and deploy configuration files
- Design and develop real-time data applications
- Design and develop data polling/data pushing architectures
- Design and develop client-side/server-side/database integration
- Use Fuse CM system software repository (Git, Trac, Jenkins, Peer Reviews)
- Work closely with the operational Project Management team to maintain successful development sprints and stay on schedule
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Please fill out the application form below and then e-mail it to us with your resume and cover letter. No third parties, please.